The HFI Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship is awarded each year to up to six students studying to become aviation maintenance technicians.
The scholarship awards $2,500 toward the cost of obtaining your aviation maintenance certificate. In addition, scholarship recipients receive:
- A complimentary one-year membership in Helicopter Association International (HAI), the trade association for the international helicopter industry
- A complimentary full registration for the scholarship recipient and a guest HAI HELI-EXPO, including dinner for two at the HAI Salute to Excellence Awards dinner; hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest
- A subscription to ROTOR magazine and ROTOR Daily.
Scholarship winners have 19 months from the date of their award to complete their training and receive their maintenance technician certificate. Scholarship awards that have not been claimed in that time will be considered void.
Payment of the scholarship award is conditional on receipt of supporting documentation from the student’s school stating that the student has successfully completed the required coursework and has been licensed and received an FAA or international equivalent certificate. If the school has not been compensated by the student, HFI will make payment to the institution on behalf of the student. Scholarship payments are for tuition and training only, up to the maximum limit of the scholarship awarded.
Applicants must be enrolled in a maintenance technician certificate program at an FAA-approved Part 147 school or international equivalent. Applicants who expect to receive their maintenance technician certificates prior to January 1, 2018, are not eligible to apply for this award.
How to Apply
Scholarship applications are accepted beginning September 1. At that time, a pdf form will be available for you to download, fill out, and save to your computer. You can stop and save your work at any time; your work will be saved until your next session.
Email your completed application and all supporting documents to email@example.com by midnight EST, November 30, 2017. Please ensure that all portions are completed; only complete applications that are accompanied by all required supporting documentation will be considered.
In addition to your completed application, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Airman Certificates, if applicable
- Certification of your maintenance school’s status as a FAA-certified Part 147 facility or international-equivalent AMT training program
- Two signed letters of recommendation: one from your AMT program director, administrator, or instructor, and one from an employer, instructor, or other person who can attest to your aviation background, training, and experience.
Scholarship winners are chosen by the HFI Scholarship Review Committee. HFI will notify all applicants of their status by January 15, 2017. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.